Targeted small groupwork with specialist staff
High-Funded Support


Education, Health and Care Plans

More funding may be necessary if a student does not make progress with Special Educational Needs support within school. 

In agreement with parents and the Local Authority, support may be provided via an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

To gain an Education Health and Care Plan, the school (or the parent) can request that the Local Authority carry out a statutory assessment of the student’s needs.

A statutory assessment is a legal process which may result in an Education Health and Care Plan that sets out the additional support that will be provided by the Local Authority for the student.

The EHC Plan will outline the strategies that must be put in place. It will also have long and short term goals for the student and regular reviews.

High Funded Support